I am partnered with a successful and established family operated group that offer services and products across the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers, they uphold a reputation that allows them to stand out from their competition which is backed by a dedicated work force that encompass local knowledge and a tailored customer experience.
What we are looking for
The role of Accountant, supports the finance team and acts as a 2IC to the Financial Controller, you will be instrumental in participating in finance and business projects and initiatives to enhance the daily and monthly finance activities, system implementations, and as you settle into the role and acquire greater knowledge, there is the chance to be involved with planning and analysis activities.
- Preparation of month and year end processes, budget preparation, and financial statements for multiple entities
- Assist with statutory tax reporting, including FBT and BAS for multiple entities.
- Balance sheet and bank account reconciliations for multiple entities
- Asset register maintenance/reconciliation
- Leasing maintenance/reconciliation
- Preparation and posting of journals
- Accounting degree or other relevant degree, with a minimum of 2 years commercial accounting experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Experience in Retail/Wholesale and/or Manufacturing highly regarded
- Strong system skills /technology savvy and Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work in a team and effectively contribute to outcomes using sound problem-solving skills and logic
- Articulate in communication - both written and verbal
What you’ll get out of it
Work for a business where your insights and suggestions will be appreciated, your line manager will be a valuable mentor and genuinely enjoys imparting knowledge and empowering the team, there is definite opportunities to expand on your current skill set as the role will offer variety and challenge. Although working at the office is paramount for team collaboration the hours are flexible, this can be offered as a full-time role (9-day fortnight or 5 days weekly) or part time if you need support with school hours. The main office is in the Tweed area, you can be based in the Tweed area or a combination of Tweed 2 days and central Gold Coast 3 days.
What to do next
If you’re interested, then submit your application by clicking the “APPLY” button or call Sarah on 0466 182 757 |Or send your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org